Q: Truck shakes at high speeds

When I hit 65 it feels like my whole truck shakes and feels like it the front passger side. The tire has very little play in it when I jack up my truck up. The sway bar linkage Seems to be a little bent at the bottom . Would that cause my truck to be shaking so bad?

A: Hi there: To answer your question simply; ...

Hi there:

To answer your question simply; YES, even slight damage to your sway bar linkage can cause severe shaking above 55 mph. You also indicated that the tire has a little play when you jack it up which might indicate a problem with wheel bearings that also can display similar shaking issues at higher speeds. Best bet is to contact a local ASE certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, and have them complete a road test for you; to get a second opinion so they can complete the right service for your shaking issue and repair to get your Dodge Dakota running strong again.