Q: While turning and parking my steering wheel feels heavy

asked by on November 04, 2016

My steering wheel wile parking or turning my steering wheel feels heavier than it's should.

Power Steering Pump Replacement $158.61 - $1733.09 Get a Quote
Power Steering Fluid Service $95.93 - $169.93 Get a Quote

Hi and thanks for contacting YourMechanic. Check the power steering fluid level and make sure that it is full. Also, look at the fluid color and see if it is clear or dark. If the fluid is dark, then the power steering system needs flushed. Listen to the power steering pump. If the pump is making noise or if the engine bogs down when turning the steering wheel at a park position, then the power steering pump needs to be replaced due to aerating the power steering fluid too much. If you need further assistance diagnosing your vehicle, then seek out a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, to help you with power steering system.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr