Q: How do you replace the battery in the remote transmitter?

asked by on December 15, 2015

How do you replace the battery in the remote transmitter?

Your car’s remote gives you the ability to lock and unlock the doors from a distance, as well as open the trunk without using the key or the trunk release latch. However, the battery in your remote will eventually die and need to be replaced. Here’s how to do that:

Make sure you have the right battery – you’ll need a CR1616 battery.

1. Using a small Phillips head screwdriver, remove the one screw from the back (don’t lose it).

2. Locate the two tabs on the cover and use them to separate the remote into two pieces.

3. Remove the battery.

4. Replace the battery (make sure it’s oriented properly or it won’t work).

5. Put the remote back together.

6. Replace the screw.

7. Make sure the remote works.