Q: Engine codes p0326. P0420.. 2013 Kia Rio

asked by on June 12, 2017

Soma engine light came on and I thought maybe it was because of my gas cap. I took it to AutoZone and those of the codes that it was reading. they told me to just replace my knock sensor. I just want to make sure it wasn't just that

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

The knock sensor is the most likely cause of the P0326 trouble code. It is also possible that the wiring that goes to the knock sensor could have an issue but this is unlikely. The P0420 code is likely due to another issue that your vehicle may be having as it is unlikely that this code would pop up due to a faulty knock sensor. I would recommend having a check engine light is on inspection peformed by a qualified technician. Consider YourMechanic as this inspection can be done from your home or office.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr