Q: Light system Stop carefully

BMW 320d efficient dynamic. My car has had the warning light "Light system Stop carefully" appear on the dash. The rear windows have stopped working, rear indicators and reverse lights have stopped working and my boot will no longer open.

Could this be a fuse problem?

A: Hello and thank you for contacting YourMech...

Hello and thank you for contacting YourMechanic. Sounds like the light control module that is located under the dash went out. Check the condition of the harness to the light control module for any corrosion or looseness. Check the fuse box for any blown fuses.

If the fuse for the light control module is burned, replace the fuse and recheck the lights. If the fuse blows out again, then the light control module needs replacing, as it has a short within it. I recommend replacing the light control module. If you need further assistance with the light issue or need help replacing a fuse then seek out a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, who can help you with your vehicle.

Recommended services
Get a Quote