Q: Key not turning all the way

When I put my key in the ignition switch, I have a difficult time starting the car as the key seems to get stuck when turning. After a while of constantly turning the key back and forth, it will start.

If you are having difficulty turning the key in the ignition switch, this may be a sign that the ignition lock cylinder, or perhaps the key, are worn and in need of replacement. This repair requires disassembling of the steering column, and the use of a new and different key. I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose the vehicle’s ignition issue to ensure that the correct repair is made.

3. Key not turning all the way