Q: How to get a manual stuck in reverse out

asked by on March 16, 2018

When I want to go start it I noticed that my shifter handle was a little bit lose when so I took the cover of and my shifter fell out and there is a screw of some sort missing I guess it’s to hold it in place so I fixed it . And now my truck is stuck in reverse and it will not get out.

Clutch is not working Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

In a manual transmission, being stuck in reverse could be due to clutch and/transmission failures. You can try moving the vehicle slightly and/or manipulating the shift mechanism right on the transmission case. That may only provide a temporary solution, though, that is allow you to shift once. To diagnose this, pinpoint the fault and get the required repairs performed, it is best to request a clutch system diagnostic/inspection which will cover both transmission and clutch related faults. That service can be performed right at your location. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.