Q: Engine malfunctune, power steering lights on

When trying to start car , the alarm on dash board sounds and shows up "engine malfunction" and /or "power steering malfunction" and will not rev up

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello, thank you for writing in. The power steering system is driven off of the power from the engine. Without proper engine function, the power steering system will not work correctly. The adverse is true as well. A failing power steering system will add excess strain on the engine. It typically will not cause a bad enough issue that it will bog down the engine significantly. Turn your attention to the engine malfunction warning light. Have the vehicle scanned for diagnostic codes, and take further testing and inspection from there. Without that information from the computer, it is a guessing game. For more diagnostic help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.