Q: Problems removing Dodge Ram rear differential

asked by on February 07, 2017

Hello,

The instructions for removing the rear differential assembly for your truck as follows: * Position the vehicle on a hoist (or jack stands) * Position a support under the axle assembly * Remove all the brake components * Remove the axle vent hose * Mark the driveshaft and flange, then remove the driveshaft * Remove the shocks * Remove the u-bolts * Remove the axle assembly from the vehicle

If you’ve done all of that correctly, the differential assembly should come right out. It is serviced separately from the leaf springs - they are not one unit.