Q: Truck will start but dies 2 seconds later

It started running really rough and power loss. Then about month later it is called at stop light few times , made it home but it starts but it won't stay the running. It has me fuel filter and belts. Can I test fuel pump?

Hi there. You are on the right track. This sounds like a fuel pump problem. Though there are other things that can cause this, the series of events that you mentioned are the most likely causes.

I would test the pressure of the fuel coming from the fuel pump. If the pressure is not correct then the pump may be bad. At that time I would test the voltage at the pump to see if it is getting power. If it is not then there is a circuit issue. If it is getting power then the pump is bad.

If you want to have this crank no start condition diagnosed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to assess and repair this problem.

3. Truck will start but dies 2 seconds later