Q: I was told my car has 2 thermostats. Is this true?

The temperature on my car starts to rise above the normal level when I go over 70mph. It hasn't "ran hot" only goes up close to the H on the thermostat. I was tod that the thermostat is getting stuck and that I have 2 thermostats that I should replace. Just want a second opinion. Thanks

The vehicle with this engine size is equipped with a primary and a secondary thermostat in the cooling system. The primary and secondary thermostat open at different temperatures. The secondary one opens up at 203 F and should be fully open at 230 F. The problem of temperature getting too high may be due to one or the other thermostat sticking closed or partly closed. I would recommend replacing both thermostats. The primary thermostat is rated at 179 F opening and secondary 203 F.

3. I was told my car has 2 thermostats. Is this true?