Q: Does the PCM in my 2000 Chrysler Cirrus have to be reprogrammed after replacement?

I basically want to find out if I get a used pcm for my car, will I have to get it reprogrammed? Or can I just replace it and be fine? Also does the donor have to be a 2.5L?

The repair information from Chrysler says an OEM level scan tool must be used to update the mileage and VIN number in the replacement PCM. If this is not done, a diagnostic trouble code (DTC) will be set. You’ll want to make sure that you get a PCM from a 2.5L engine, as the part number is different from the 2.4L. It’s also important to determine whether your vehicle has federal or California emissions, since the PCMs are different. I recommend letting a professional with the correct equipment do this job for you. YourMechanic is an excellent option, since we’ll come to your home or office to fix your check engine light

3. Does the PCM in my 2000 Chrysler Cirrus have to be reprogrammed after replacement?