Does the PCM in my 2000 Chrysler Cirrus have to be reprog...

Q: Does the PCM in my 2000 Chrysler Cirrus have to be reprogrammed after replacement?

asked by on July 09, 2017

I basically want to find out if I get a used pcm for my car, will I have to get it reprogrammed? Or can I just replace it and be fine? Also does the donor have to be a 2.5L?

The repair information from Chrysler says an OEM level scan tool must be used to update the mileage and VIN number in the replacement PCM. If this is not done, a diagnostic trouble code (DTC) will be set. You’ll want to make sure that you get a PCM from a 2.5L engine, as the part number is different from the 2.4L. It’s also important to determine whether your vehicle has federal or California emissions, since the PCMs are different. I recommend letting a professional with the correct equipment do this job for you. YourMechanic is an excellent option, since we’ll come to your home or office to fix your check engine light