Q: My car starts idol fine runs for four seconds maybe six seconds then shuts off

My car starts then stalls with in four seconds I have checked the feel pump it is good I change the fuel filter it is new I have checked the MAF even though it is new could this possibly be a relay? Thanks in advance for any information you may have

A: Hello. There are a few problems that can ca...

Hello. There are a few problems that can cause this. If there is the correct fuel pressure and if there is compression, then the sensors need to be checked with a scan tool to see if any of them are not reading correctly. Most of the time this is caused by a bad crankshaft position sensor. This is a common failure on most of the Mercedes engines from this year. It can also be a defective air flow meter, but the crank sensor is by far the most common. If you are planning on having this crank-no-start fixed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose and repair this.