Q: My clutch is not working Entire clutch repair or clutch master cylinder repair? How do I check the cylinder?

While driving my car, I heard a pop, or recoil sound. The clutch pedal is nolonger going all the way to the floor and car will not shift into any gear, as it is stuck in neutral with no pedal ability.
Entire clutch repair or clutch master cylinder? How do i check the cylinder?

Hi there. Check the slave cylinder to the clutch and see if the piston is all the way out. If the piston is all the way out or its not touching the clutch fork, then the release bearing has broken and the fork has moved into the clutch. If the slave cylinder is relaxed and the fork is against it, then the clutch pressure plate has sprung a pressure spring. If the pedal can go down but not all the way to the floor, then the clutch needs replaced with a new release bearing. If you need further assistance with a clutch replacement, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. My clutch is not working Entire clutch repair or clutch master cylinder repair? How do I check the cylinder?