Q: Put car in park, shut off car, still shows in drive and cannot start car 2013 Dodge Dart

asked by on February 07, 2017

Car will not go in park. stuck in drive

Hi there - most likely, this is a failure of the range sensor switch (sometimes called the neutral safety switch). This is the switch that recognizes that you are in Park or Neutral in order to allow safe engine start. I recommend a range sensor switch inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, confirm this diagnosis, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.