Q: What type of oil to use and should I change the type of fuel?

I drive a 2014 Jeep patriot. If I switch from conventional oil to fulsome thetic wouldn't cause any damage to the vehicle? Also, I wouldn't have to switch the type of fuel I use what I?

A: Hello and thank you for your question. You ...

Hello and thank you for your question. You can go from conventional oil to full synthetic oil on vehicles from 1996 and newer. That will not hurt the engine. Just make sure that you run the engine for about 500 miles and then do another oil change.

The fully synthetic oil will help protect your engine for a long life of wear. You don't need to change the fuel type for your vehicle. I recommend you use the fuel that the owner's manual says to use. any other fuel can damage the engine.

If you need some help with this change, then I recommend contacting a certified professional, like one from YourMechanic, to explain the different types of oils for your vehicle and service your oil as necessary.