Q: How do I check the tire pressure?

How do I check the tire pressure?

A: While checking the tire wear on your car is...

While checking the tire wear on your car is important, it’s equally as vital that you keep an eye on the tire pressure. While your vehicle is equipped with a tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS), it cannot replace physically checking the pressure (do this daily). Here’s how to check your pressure.

• Make sure you know the right tire pressure. You can find this information on the driver door placard.

• Make sure you have an accurate tire pressure gauge.

1. Remove the valve stem cap.

2. Push the pressure gauge onto the valve stem until the hissing stops.

3. Read the gauge.

4. If the tire is over pressurized, let some air out. Recheck the pressure.

5. If the tire is low, add air and recheck.

6. Replace the valve stem cap when you’re done.

• While you’re checking the tire pressure, it’s advised to apply soapy water to the base of the valve stem. If you notice bubbling, you have a leak.