Q: Tire hitting coilovers

i just got new tires on my car, I went from 15ich rims to 17ichs. i looked and there hitting the bottom off the coilover. would getting new coilovers stop the rubbing. I've been meaning to change the shocks for awhile now because its been bottoming out but now with these new tires its hitting them.

Hello. Unfortunately, if the tires are hitting the coils, new struts, and coils will not fix this. The clearance of the tire from the coils comes from the offset of the wheels. Larger aftermarket wheels will allow this to occur. The only way you would be able to correct this would be to install wheel spacers, which will go between the brakes and the wheel which will push the wheel out and away from the coil. It is possible though that the tire can rub on the fender at that point, so that needs to be checked also. It can always be a tricky situation when changing wheels and tires on a vehicle. A lot of research must be done prior to installing aftermarket wheels.

3. Tire hitting coilovers