Q: My transmission is sticking in 3rd gear.

My transmission will jerk real hard and from that time, until I shut the car off, it will stick in 3rd gear. My assumption is that the speed sensors are faulty, because my vehicle does not have a trans fluid temp sensor. Any help/direction would be greatly appreciated!

Hello, thanks for writing in to YourMechanic. This behavior is a known problem with your Hyundai Elantra, and involves a transmission control solenoid that is malfunctioning. Check with your Hyundai dealer for Technical Service Bulletin 286947. If you’d like a second opinion on this, feel free have one of our certified technicians come to your location and diagnose your shifting issue firsthand.

3. My transmission is sticking in 3rd gear.