Q: When driving, my engine sounds like it is missing

asked by on October 09, 2016

my engine sounds like is missing and my engine light is on but wen i hit the gas starts blinking

You definitely have a misfire. It sounds like the misfire gets worse under load, which is why the Check Engine Light starts blinking. This indicates the catalytic converter is being damaged. A misfire under load is usually caused by a problem with the secondary ignition system (spark plugs, wires, etc.) as well. I recommend having a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose the Check Engine Light in person so that the proper repairs can be done.