Q: Check Engine light with error code P0773

The Check Engine light is on with error code P0773. Does the shift solenoid in the transmission needs to be replaced?

A: You are correct to move forward with the di...

You are correct to move forward with the diagnosis that the code P0773 on your Ford F150 indicates that there is a problem with one of your shift solenoids. In order to move onward with a proper repair, the transmission pan will have to be removed, allowing access to the faulty shift solenoid. It will then need to be replaced with a new one. However, before we can say a shift solenoid is the culprit, it is always best to enlist the help of a certified mechanic to give a proper diagnosis of the vehicle's Check Engine Light.