Q: Check Engine light with error code P0773

The Check Engine light is on with error code P0773. Does the shift solenoid in the transmission needs to be replaced?

You are correct to move forward with the diagnosis that the code P0773 on your Ford F150 indicates that there is a problem with one of your shift solenoids. In order to move onward with a proper repair, the transmission pan will have to be removed, allowing access to the faulty shift solenoid. It will then need to be replaced with a new one. However, before we can say a shift solenoid is the culprit, it is always best to enlist the help of a certified mechanic to give a proper diagnosis of the vehicle’s Check Engine Light.

3. Check Engine light with error code P0773