Q: Truck cuts off when stopping

I have a dodge ram 1500 and for some reason whenever I stop my truck cuts off and I have no reason why I have to feather the gas pedal Everytime please help !!

A: Hello. Stalling at stops can be caused b...

Hello.

Stalling at stops can be caused by many things. A few common causes are:

• faulty idle air control valve
  • vacuum leak
  • fuel or engine management issue

The most common of these is a failed idle air control valve. As its name implies, the idle air control valve controls the idle speed of the engine. If it fails or has any issues, it can negatively affect the engine idle speed.

Similar symptoms can also be caused by a vacuum leak, or engine management / fuel problem. If an issue occurs with any of these components, it may throw off the vehicle's air fuel mixture and cause stalling. A faulty fuel pump, mass airflow sensor, or ignition module can all cause these symptoms.

As the possibilities could be many, I would recommend having the stalling issue diagnosed by a professional technician.