Q: Accidentally touched the two battery terminal cables together.

Accidentally touched the two battery cable terminals together (Truck was still running, it's a dually, two batteries). The truck then immediately cut out but cranked back up on first try. After turning it off to go to sleep, i tried to crank it this morning and it just clicks the engine won't turn over. What could this be

Thirty years ago, you could have done that and gotten away with it. with a 2012 truck, there is likely some damage. The multiple computer systems on your truck are very sensitive to voltage surges like the one you just had. I don’t recommend trying to jump the car off. Any missteps even for just a moment can easily make things worse. The thing to do is to be sure the batteries are fully charged and then scan the controllers for codes. That may or may not reveal the problems, from there you will need to do a point to point electrical test. You can have this done for you at your convenience by contacting YourMechanic. They can send a technician to your home or office to check out the starting problem in your truck and tell you what are the next steps.

3. Accidentally touched the two battery terminal cables together.