Q: Dashboard draining battery

The car will not start. The battery is working, but it is losing power. I know I have a problem in with the dashboard and I think that may be the problem.

A: First, let's determine if the engine is...

First, let's determine if the engine is cranking. If the engine is not cranking it could be any one of these issues: weak or defective battery, bad battery cables, ignition switch, starter motor, seized or hydrolocked engine, or other wiring. You mentioned something is draining the battery. A defective battery can drain itself if there is a bad cell. There are other causes and that would require a different set of tests to find the problem. A qualified mechanic from YourMechanic would be happy to diagnose your no-start issue and get you back on the road.