Q: How do I reset limp mode on my transmission ?

How do I reset limp mode and will my transmission operate as normal after doing so ?

I need to first explain that there are many reasons that the vehicle could be in limp mode. There could be anything from a sensor that has come unplugged/perished, a failed transmission, an electrical problem, an engine issue, or any number of other possible problems. It will first be necessary to find out why the vehicle has gone into limp mode. The best place to start would be to pull the diagnostic trouble codes with a code reader. This will give a mechanic a place to start to figure out what is going on. Sometimes, even if the transmission doesn’t seem to be shifting correctly, it could actually be that the engine isn’t performing within its parameters, and is causing the transmission to act up. I can almost guarantee that the limp mode is not going to go away until the problem is repaired. If you need help identifying and/or repairing the problem, contact a certified mechanic, like the mobile mechanics at YourMechanic.com.

3. How do I reset limp mode on my transmission ?