Q: New battery will not stay charged.

asked by on September 20, 2017

AAA jumped my car twice yesterday.. and agin this morning. They tested the alternator and the starter and told me they were both in good condition but my battery is not holding a charge. I bought a battery this morning still nothing. Added gas to my depleted tank $10 and still needed a jump start to try to get the to work. On my way to work I stopped to pee and guess what I am stranded in a parking lot again ... What is the issue now?

Battery will not hold a charge Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

If your charging system were not working your car would not continue to run after a jump start. But for some reason the power produced by the alternator is not reaching the battery or there is an interruption that you are somehow bypassing when you jump the car. Be careful with that by the way. I council against jumping cars off because it is all too easy to trash the car’s electronic systems in the blink of an eye with a small mistake. You should have it checked out before you try to use the car anymore. If you contact YourMechanic, they will send a technician to your home or office to check out why your battery is going dead and let you know what it will take to fix it.