Q: Clicking sound trying to start car

asked by on February 18, 2016

My car won't start even though the battery is good. When I try to start the car, I just get a clicking sound.

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hello. The most common part of this problem is the starter not working properly. What happens is the starter solenoid is not engaging the starter when the key is turned, which would cause a clicking noise. The worst case scenario is that the engine has locked up and will not turn at all when you try to start the car. I suggest having a certified technician come out and pinpoint your starting problem.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr