Q: Noise when turning to the left

My car has been in a minor accident several weeks ago. The front right wheel was angled outwards 17 degrees with the straight steering wheel, after I hit the curb. I went to the Subaru mechanic and he had the alignment done and replaced the lower control arm. The caster was left off 0.4 degree, which was acceptable. After all this, I have noticed some kind of noise when I'm making a turn to the left. It is a low-pitched pulsating sound that occurs at a certain angle during turning to the left. Is this a matter of concern?

It’s difficult to say without inspecting the vehicle firsthand just what the noise is. A worn or damaged wheel bearing will make a rotational growling noise that often gets worse when turning. To check for a bad wheel bearing, lift the vehicle off the ground and support it with jack stands. Spin the wheel suspected of having a faulty bearing (in your case, the left front). Listen for abnormal noise and put your hand on the strut to check for a vibration transferred by the roughness of a failed wheel bearing. In addition, move the wheel and tire up and down by hand to check for any play. Steering and suspension problems can be a safety concern, so I suggest you have your vehicle inspected by a professional, such as one at YourMechanic, to diagnose the noise you’re hearing.

3. Noise when turning to the left