Q: Oil temperature hotter and hotter

I am the original owner of my car and my question is regarding the oil temp. The oil temperature in my car seems to be growing hotter and hotter. Continually now, it runs between 230 and 250 degrees. Sometimes there is a cooking smell from the engine, as if it is cooking itself. I have been to several dealerships, plus a Porsche expert and all of them say the same thing, that it is normal. Is there a synthetic oil that could help to lower the oil temperature or what suggestions can you give?

A: You could have your Porche 911's engine...

You could have your Porche 911's engine cleaned to make sure all the air passages for cooling the engine are cleaned out. Doing a fresh oil change with the proper weight oil in synthetic may help with the temperature. But I also feel there is not much you can do to lower the temperature. As the summer heats up, you will see the temperature rise even more. Make sure you keep the oil full and not let it run low.