Q: 2.4 mitsubishi triton 2008 engine idle high at times and when brakes pumped or ac on engine races 3000 rpm could this be the icv

Hi my mitsubishi triton 2.4 L engine races when ac on or pump brakes around 3000rpm and at times engine idles high and at times will run fine

The idle air control valve does regulate engine rpm during closed throttle operation and is controlled by a computer. You mentioned having 3000 RPMs with the A/C on, this seems pretty high and could be pointing to another problem like a vacuum leak or a faulty sensor. I’d recommend getting this looked at by one of our mobile experts. A certified technician will be able to properly diagnose your high engine idle and make the necessary repairs to your car. Good luck.

3. 2.4 mitsubishi triton 2008 engine idle high at times and when brakes pumped or ac on engine races 3000 rpm could this be the icv