Q: 2.4 mitsubishi triton 2008 engine idle high at times and when brakes pumped or ac on engine races 3000 rpm could this be the icv

Hi my mitsubishi triton 2.4 L engine races when ac on or pump brakes around 3000rpm and at times engine idles high and at times will run fine

A: The idle air control valve does regulate en...

The idle air control valve does regulate engine rpm during closed throttle operation and is controlled by a computer. You mentioned having 3000 RPMs with the A/C on, this seems pretty high and could be pointing to another problem like a vacuum leak or a faulty sensor. I'd recommend getting this looked at by one of our mobile experts. A certified technician will be able to properly diagnose your high engine idle and make the necessary repairs to your car. Good luck.