Q: My car cuts off when I slow down and shows code P0335

crank position sensor was bad. replaced it, car now starting, but shuts down while driving. scan and got code po335 circuit malfunction. put a test light on harness going to computer, negative side lights, relay side did not here a click in the relay box.

Hi there. Your vehicle shutting down while driving, after replacing a faulty CKP (crankshaft position sensor) and the ECM (engine control module) recognizing a P0335 circuit malfunction, leads me to believe the replacement CKP sensor may be faulty. Sometimes, aftermarket components are not OEM (original equipment manufacturer) quality. Circuit tests should be performed with a high impedance DVOM (digital volt ohm meter). A test light could overload a computer circuit. A poor connection or wiring problem back to the ECM could cause the engine to shutdown and the P0335 code to set. I recommend having your vehicle’s P0335 code-check engine light on be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.

3. My car cuts off when I slow down and shows code P0335