Q: The car stalls - 2010 Kia Rio

The car stalls even following a jump. Its as though the battery is either very weak and lights, etc are draining it very fast. Is this battery just about dead and should be charged directly from another car, or is it something else?

Both the alternator and battery should be checked for proper operation. After being jump-started, the car should continue to run, even if the battery is dead (unless the battery has an internal short). The alternator should produce enough power to allow the engine to run, even with the lights on. Your alternator may have failed which is causing the problem. To have this verified, I recommend having a certified professional, like one from YourMechanic, diagnose the stalling problem so that this can be taken care of appropriately.