Q: Heat blows cold when the car is idling

My car has gone around 95,000 miles. When I drive and stop the car and it's idling, the heat would start blowing cold. What can cause this?

A: Hi there. The coolant level should be check...

Hi there. The coolant level should be checked first as low coolant will cause this. If it is low then it may have a leak that needs to be found. If the level is fine then the heater hoses need to be inspected for restrictions or it may be the water pump failing and not circulating coolant. If you want to have this repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose what's causing the problem.