Q: Does the remote start feature turn on the whole car or just the engine?

Does the remote start feature turn on the whole car or just the engine?

The remote start function acts very much like the regular ignition. A couple of things happen when the vehicle is started remotely:

1. The parking lights will turn on while the engine is running.

2. If the vehicle had the heater or AC on when the vehicle was shut off last, then the settings will remain the same when the engine starts and the ventilation system will function as normal.

3. If the vehicle has an automatic climate control system, then the ventilation system will either heat or cool the vehicle based on the outside temperature.

Tip

If the vehicle is equipped with heated seats and no climate control, the remote starter will not activate the seats remotely. If the vehicle has automatic climate control and heated seats, the seats will activate only if the climate control has to warm the vehicle.

• Does the remote start feature turn on the whole car or just the engine?