Q: No heat coming out when heater or defroster is turned on

asked by on September 29, 2016

Turned defroster on no heat comes out

Defroster is not working Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello there, a variety of faults will cause your 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 heat to not work with the defroster. If the heat works from other vent settings than it is likely an AC blend door motor is faulty. If the heat does not work at all from any setting, a few common faults are going on such as heater core, low coolant level, coolant leak, thermostat, or a AC control failure. A qualified technician from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your defrost issues and make any repairs required.