Q: When I first start my car it is hard to start and there is low voltage, but the voltage is higher once it is running. 2014 Cadillac XTS

I had to use jumper cables to start car will not remote start voltage goes to 14.4 once started when turned off it drops back down and has to be jumped off again

Hello. If the battery voltage is low when the vehicle is first started then chances are that the battery is failing. It sounds like the alternator is working correctly due to the voltage that is produced when the engine is running. I would usually start by doing a load test of the battery. If the battery fails the test then it is bad. If it actually passes the test then it may have high resistance in the positive battery cable or a starter that is failing. If you are thinking of having this replaced, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose why the car is hard to start] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/car-is-hard-to-start-inspection

• When I first start my car it is hard to start and there is low voltage, but the voltage is higher once it is running. 2014 Cadillac XTS