Q: What type of gas should I use in a 2012 Ford Fusion?

asked by on December 15, 2015

What type of gas should I use?

Like most other cars on the market, yours is designed to use unleaded gasoline. However, not all types of gas are the same. Ford recommends that you use nothing lower than 87 octane gasoline. If your car is rated as a flex fuel vehicle, you can also use fuel-grade ethanol. Make sure when filling up at the gas station that the grade you’re using is a minimum of 87 octane (some service stations sell lower-grade fuel as “regular”).

Tip

If your car is not rated for ethanol, only use unleaded gasoline. Do not use fuel-grade ethanol (the standard ethanol mix found at most gas stations is fine).