Q: Cylinder 6 misfire

Have a P0306 code, replaced plugs, wires, coil, no leakage of oil, still missing but usually only when it's raining or snowing. I let it sit over night and in the morning it runs good. Have checked valves and replaced rings.

A: Hey there. If after replacing all those ite...

Hey there. If after replacing all those items, the cylinder #6 misfire code remains, then there are a few other possibilities. This could possibly be a fuel injector fault. The injector can be clogged or simply worn from age and mileage causing it to not fire properly. Another possibility is a wiring issue. There may be a short / intermittent short in the engine wiring harness to cylinder #6, possible to the coil and/or injector. Lastly, this may be due to low compression. If all other options have been eliminated, a compression test should be performed. If you need help having getting a precise diagnosis, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the misfire and pinpoint the needed repair.