Q: Air conditioning stopped working, and car overheated

asked by on February 11, 2016

The air conditioning stopped working, and then heard a hose pop in the engine. Radiator fluid began to leak, and the car started to overheat and smoke.

Sounds like a hose busted from your radiator and the fluid leaked out of the radiator. If the AC stopped working you may have broken a serpentine belt you will notice the alternator light come on the dash if that happened. I would recommend having a technician from YourMechanic come out and inspect your car’s AC system to determine what is causing the problem.