Q: engine interruptions

asked by on June 08, 2017

Hello! My 2008 gasoline 2.0L tucson engine developed consistent engine interruptions in the last six months from a few interruptions at idle and cold start to constant interruptions at idle and in running gear. the interruptions are very small just noticeable. The interruptions appear when running on gasoline, or LPG. The interruptions did not appeared when I installed the LPG system which was way back 10.000 miles ago.

I changed the spark plugs. According to the repair manual I measured the spark plug wires and the ignition coil high voltage terminals which have optimal resistance. The only problem was the ignition coil primary resistance terminals, the ones on the jack, which have a resistance of 1,4 ohms instead of 0,58 ohms.

I verified the car on an official hyundai service Car Diagnostic Scanner and did not find any problems or errors.

Car idle is rough Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

There are a number of things that may cause a rough idle. A rough idle may be caused by things such as low fuel pressure, low voltage to the fuel injectors, dirty fuel injectors, a vacuum leak, a faulty Oxygen sensor, dirty or failing idle air control valve, a faulty camshaft or crankshaft sensor, faulty spark plugs or wires ad many other things. Any of these possibilities may relate to fuel or spark problems that will disrupt the normal combustion process that would otherwise allow the motor to run smoothly. You may notice the motor running a bit rough or shaking if any of these components are not functioning as they should. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.