Q: 07 nitro overheating on me... water pump? thermostat? radiator cap? best way to diagnose

last night my 07 nitro started overheating. best way to diagnose water pump, thermostat , or radiator cap. I pulled over side of road. I had my wife meet me with water to top up the rad. I let engine cool and put cap back on but did not lock rad cap fully so engine didn't build up pressure. I proceeded to drive home without temperature rising again on temp reading from inside car. possible issues?

Hello. There can be a few possibilities that can cause the overheating condition. Have the radiator and pressure cap tested to make they hold pressure. Look for leaks at the water pump. The pump will show leak coming front the front of motor and will drip off of the crank shaft pulley areas. If pump is leaking, then replace the pump and thermostat.

3. 07 nitro overheating on me... water pump? thermostat? radiator cap? best way to diagnose