Q: Car floods, have to pull fuel pump fuse to start

asked by on August 22, 2016

Car throws a lot of codes, 20-30, many short to ground. replaced 3 of 4 o2 sensors, maf, runs pretty good otherwise.

Hello.

If your car is throwing over 20 codes, then I would stop driving the vehicle and have it serviced as soon as possible. That many codes at once is a potential indicator of a serious issue, even if the vehicle appears to run fine. If you have to pull fuses and have shorts, then it may be possible that the vehicle is having wiring issues. Due to the excessively high number of codes, it is likely that the vehicle has multiple, unrelated issues. I would recommend having the trouble codes retrieved and investigated one by one, by a knowledgeable technician, to determine what repairs need to be made.