Q: check engine lights wont clear, shifting problems

Description of Problem: Hello my problem is the check engine light codes they wont reset when I hit delete codes, what could be the problem there? When I put my car in R or D there is a strong jolt and when driving you don't really feel it but as soon as you slow down there's another jolt when it shifts in to 1st gear, and when under hard acceleration the car doesn't downshift for stronger acceleration like its supposed to it just keeps shifting up. Any answer would be great thank you. I already spent a lot of money on this car and still cant fix the problem

A: Knowing which codes were popping up would h...

Knowing which codes were popping up would help in actually determining what the problem is. There are hundreds of possible codes and without knowing which ones will not clear, makes it near impossible to determine the problem. The codes keep coming back because you have a 'hard' fault or one that is tested and remains present every time the key is turned on. Most likely it is an electrical issue.

The Honda transmissions have many problems from that era and I have changed dozens of them. But they also have I think 5 electrical solenoids and a few sensors mounted on the outside of the transmission which can cause your problem. You may have a speed sensor, pressure sensor, or solenoid acting up.

Best advice I have right know is to record the codes and get back to us. If you would like to have the transmission issue professionally diagnosed, you could consider using a qualified technician provided by YourMechanic.