Q: Car stalled. Engine light came on. But running fine the next day and the light is now off.

My car has been feeling like its going to stall out for the last few days. Lagging abit when it shifts gears. I thought my transmission was slipping. Then Yesterday it stalled and my engine light came on. Was able to stop car and restart it fine. The next day the car is driving fine and my light is off.

Hi Christine. Thanks for contacting us today. Typically when a progressive issue like you’ve described occurs, it’s due to a clogged or damaged fuel systems component, such as a mass air flow sensor, dirty fuel injectors, dirty fuel filter or even a vacuum leak. It’s probably best to have a professional mechanic complete an on-site inspection first, so they can correctly identify the source of your issues and resolve this problem.

3. Car stalled. Engine light came on. But running fine the next day and the light is now off.