Q: My car won't start sometimes, and sometimes it starts after a few tries. The yellow check engine light is also on, please help

asked by on November 20, 2017

My car won't start sometimes, and sometimes it starts after a few tries. The yellow check engine light is also on, please help

Hi Shukri. Thanks for contacting us today. This problem could be due to a fuel delivery issue, caused by either a worn out fuel pump, dirty fuel filter, clogged fuel injectors, throttle body problems or even the mass air flow sensor. It is also possible that the crankshaft position sensor is loose or the connection to the sensor is faulty. I think it’s probably a good idea to have one of our professional mobile mechanics come to your location and complete a car is hard to start inspection. This will permit them to isolate the source of this hard starting issue and recommend or complete the right repairs.