Q: Bmw locks and window not working

My BMW windows and locks are not working. I found the source of the problem and it was a fuse. But everytime i try to use the window or locking the doors the fuse keeps blowing. I dont know what the problem is.

The blown fuse indicates an electrical short. Since it happens when either operating the windows or door locks, the short may be somewhere in the driver’s door and/or door harness. Some vehicles can develop shorts in the driver’s door wiring harness from the years of opening and closing the door. The harness runs through the door jamb near the hinges, into the door. That would be the most common area to check even though there can be a few other components that can cause the issue. The window and/or lock switches can be shorted internally as can a window motor or door lock actuator. If there is nothing obvious, then it might be a good idea to have a certified technician look into the power window and door lock issues to find the exact cause.

3. Bmw locks and window not working