Q: 2003 Jaguar X type. Washer and fluid is not working after a side impact.

asked by on March 08, 2017

My sons pristine x type was involved with a drivers side impact involving the entire drivers sides. The side impact accident involving a deer here in Northern Michigan. The instant of the impact his windshield washers and washer fluid spray stopped working and insurance is trying to say that it was "coincidence". I am wondering if there are any certified Jaguar mechanics out there that could lend some insight to this phenomenon with as much detail as possible (e.g. Sensors or grounds that may be involved); all fuses and relays seem to be 100 percent functional. Insight as to what the ailment could be pertaining to would be so sincerely appreciated. Thanks in advance for your assistance and expertise.

Check to see where the washer fluid tank in located at. It the impact was hard enough to damage the washer fluid reservoir, then look at the motor to the reservoir and see if it has the wiring broke off it. If the wiring is intact, then try putting water into the reservoir. If the reservoir leaks out the water, then the reservoir became cracked and drained out all of the fluid. If the reservoir is full of fluid and the motor stopped working, then there could be an issue with the wiring system in the fender that goes to the reservoir. You would have to remove the wiring to the reservoir motor and check for power to it when the switch is active. If there is no power or if the ground circuit reads OL on an ohm meter, then the wires are pinched in the fender and need repaired along with the damages. If you need further assistance with your windshield washer not working, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.