Q: Rattling noise under car

My daughter ran over a curb, and now there is a rattling noise under the car.

A: Damage often occurs to a vehicle when it hi...

Damage often occurs to a vehicle when it hits a curb, even it the initial impact seems small. Your Nissan Versa could be experiencing one or more of its splash shields, found underneath the vehicle, come loose and is now making noise while being driven. It is also possible that the impact of the curb may have bent one or more components in the suspension system, duplicating that noise. I would recommend enlisting the assistance of a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to come by and perform a test drive as well as inspect the problem area to determine exactly what is causing the rattle. They will also be able to make the repairs needed to eliminate the noise and keep your Nissan running smooth.