Q: I replaced the output shaft sensor. Do I need to reset the code?

asked by on March 12, 2017

Hello i had a code to replace the output shaft sensor. So i did do that.and still the same problem do i need to reset the code. shifting is prolonged between 1st and second let off the gas and it shifts into 2nd what else can i check as i work on my own cars unless I need to take it in thank you Sean

Try removing the battery cables and letting the computer sit for about 1 minute and then hook up the cables or if you have a scanner that can erase the codes. This will clear the engine light and codes to a pending status. If the engine light comes back on for the same issues, then there could be a break within the wiring harness to the vehicle speed sensor - VSS. If the light stays off, then check the condition of the shift quality when driving your vehicle. If the shifting goes back to normal, then it is solved. If the shifting is still abnormal, then the downshift solenoid could be staying on causing the pump pressure to override the second gear until the pump overrides the downshift solenoid pressure. If you need further assistance with your transmission shifting late, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.