Q: What if I think the Passenger Air Bag Off Light is incorrect?

What if I think the Passenger Air Bag Off Light is incorrect?

If you think that the Passenger Air Bag Off Light is turned on when it shouldn’t be, there could be a number of different reasons. Assuming that the person in the passenger front seat is adult sized and sitting in the seat properly, check for the following:

• Items stuck under the seat can throw off the sensing system.

• Items between the center console and the edge of the seat can throw off the system.

• Items on the passenger’s lap may throw off the system.

• Anything stuck between the seat belt and the seat or the side pillar can throw off the system.

• Anything pushing against the back of the seat cushion could cause the system to read incorrectly.

3. What if I think the Passenger Air Bag Off Light is incorrect?